Relationships should provide both partners with a sense of happiness and fulfillment, but can often end up in fighting and hurt feelings. Encompass Counseling Center helps couples work through their problems, gets new relationships off to a great start, and gives valuable biblical advice to couples considering marriage.
Addressing Relationship Fallacies
An experienced relationship counselor at Encompass will ensure that couples explore the misconceptions—whether consciously or unconsciously—that they bring into the relationship. Together with their therapist, the couple can address such fallacies as:
- The other person must make me happy.
- If I can change the other person, my life would be better.
- I’ve changed myself all that I can and things aren’t any better.
- If you cared about me, you would . . .
- This relationship will never get any better.
- If you don’t love me the way that my parents did, then you don’t love me.
And a number of other misconceptions—almost always unspoken—that can sabotage the relationship, turning couples against each other.
There’s no reason to wait for problems to boil over before seeking out professional advice. The greatest sources of conflict often develop at the beginning of the relationship, but they don’t become apparent until it’s too late. Encompass Counseling Center helps couples to communicate positively from the get-go—avoiding potential issues later on.