WHO IS THIS GROUP FOR?
Parents of teens ages 12-18 with issues such as:
- ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder)
- ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder)
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)
- DMDD (Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder)
- IED (Intermittent Explosive Disorder)
- Bi-Polar Disorder
ISSUES DEALT WITH:
- Anger management
- Social skills training
- Problem solving skills training
- Electronic addictions effects and remedies
- Behavior modification
- Building self-awareness
- Building self-esteem and self-confidence
- Building self-acceptance
- Developing mindfulness
- Relaxation training
- Creating effective communication skills
- Learning to control impulsivity
- Advocating for community awareness and responsibility
DO I NEED THIS GROUP?
If your child is dealing with 3 or more of these issues resulting from their disorder, you DEFINITELY would benefit from this group.
- Failing classes
- Truancy (skipping school)
- Not following directions
- Low self-esteem or confidence
- Interpersonal relationship problems with peers
- Arguing with adults
- Breaking rules at home and school, such as curfews
- Angry outbursts
- Destroying things
- Isolating from peers and family
- Narrowed interests, such as screen addictions
- Lying or stealing
HOW DO I REGISTER?
To pre-register for the group, please call 331-575-5035 or request an application from email@example.com. Be prepared to provide your name and address, e-mail and phone, and insurance information. Groups are limited to 8 adults only.
Before being admitted to a group, a 15-minute phone interview must be completed by the parents to ensure this is an appropriate type of group for you. If both parents will be attending, be prepared to interview together on a conference call or by speaker phone.
WHAT IS THE COST OF ATTENDING GROUP?
If your insurance plan does not cover the cost of the group, the fee is $300 for a single parent, $500 for couples. The sessions run 6 weeks. (A second level of parent training will be offered in the Spring.)
The fee must be paid at the first session; a pro-rated refund is available through week 2.
CAN MY INSURANCE BE BILLED?
Insurance plans vary greatly, but we will be glad to bill your insurance, if possible. We will be glad to verify that information for you. Keep in mind that deductibles need to be met before insurance will actually cover the sessions.
To truly benefit from the group, you should be committed to attending all 6 sessions. You benefit from being in the group, and so do others in the group!