WHO IS THIS GROUP FOR?
Parents who desire to end their child’s chronic and often defiant behavior, including anger outbursts, resistance to chores, and negativity due to excessive use of technology (even to the point of addiction).
ISSUES DEALT WITH:
- Excessive use of phone, video games, and other devices
- A seeming change in personality as a result of too much electronics use
- Anger; fighting; even violent outbursts when asked to put the electronics away
- Disrespect of parents or other authority figures
- Isolation: only wanting to stay inside and play video games, etc.
- Mood disturbances related to parents using the word no
- Easy-to-implement strategies to gain control over your child’s behavior
- Support of other parents dealing with a similar issue
DO I NEED THIS GROUP?
If you’ve reached the breaking point and are tired of fighting with your child about his or her excessive electronics use, then this group is DEFINITELY for you.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
To pre-register for the group, please call 331-575-5035 or request an application from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared to provide your name and address, e-mail and phone, and insurance information. Groups are limited to 8 adults only.
WHAT IS THE COST OF ATTENDING GROUP?
If your insurance plan does not cover the cost of the group, the fee is $260 for a single parent, $310 for couples. The sessions run for 3 weeks and operate as a cross between a seminar-workshop and support group. The fee must be paid at the first session, and is non-refundable after the 2nd week.
The fee includes:
- One parent workbook
- Additional workbooks are available for $10 each
CAN MY INSURANCE BE BILLED?
Insurance plans vary greatly, but we will be glad to bill your insurance, if possible. We will be glad to verify that information for you. Keep in mind that deductibles need to be met before insurance will actually cover the sessions.
To truly benefit from the group, you should be committed to attending all 3 sessions. You benefit from being in the group, and so do others in the group!